Information for Gestational Carrier(s)
Are You Interested in Becoming a Gestational Carrier?
A gestational carrier is a woman who carries a child for someone else who cannot safely carry a baby to term. It is our mission to provide unparalleled service throughout the surrogacy process. We ensure that, as a gestational carrier, you will have specialized legal representation, expert medical care, and hands-on support for your entire surrogacy journey.
Who Can Be a Gestational Carrier?
Gestational carriers through Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Reno must meet the following requirements:
- Be a United States citizen and possess valid identification and birth certificate
- Be between the ages of 21-39 years old
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) between 18-31
- Not have any new tattoos, piercings, or blood transfusions within the last 12 months
- Not take illicit drugs or medications not prescribed
- Not be taking any medication that may harm the pregnancy
- Have had at least one uncomplicated birth
- Be parenting at least one child (there are certain exceptions to this)
- Be a non-smoker, living in a non-smoking home, for at least one-year before completing our application
- Not be receiving any public assistance (including Medicaid and food stamps)
- Be willing to complete a background check and psychological evaluation
Is there Compensation for Gestational Carriers?
The compensation for being a gestational carrier varies depending upon your location, circumstances, and if you have history of being a gestational carrier prior to us. All compensation is agreed to between you and the intended parents and written into a contract approved by both parties, Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Reno, and the attorneys representing the you and the intended parents.
All of the expenses related to the gestational surrogacy process are paid by the intended parents. Acting as their gestational carrier comes at no cost to you.
Because the gestational surrogacy journey can be complicated and every pregnancy comes with potential challenges, Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Reno is committed to promoting the physical, emotional, and financial health of every gestational carrier who works with us.
If you meet the above qualifications and want to learn more about becoming a gestational carrier through us, or have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Birth Mothers Receive Medical & Legal Support
Pregnancy Related Expenses Are Covered for All Birth Mothers
Birth Mothers Can Call Us 24/7
Supportive & Non-Judgmental Counsel
The Birth Mother Chooses the Adoptive Family
We Also Provide Surrogacy Services