Assistance for Intended Parent(s)
Trusted Guidance for Your Family
Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Reno works with individuals and families who need the help of a gestational carrier and/or a genetic donor to create their family. We accept clients regardless of their race, age, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation.
We are not associated with any one IVF clinic or physician, increasing our ability to meet the needs of our clients. Our General Counsel is a fellow of the American Academy of Assisted Reproductive Technology Attorneys (AAARTA), which commits us to the highest standards of ethics and best practices handling the medical, legal and financial aspects of gestational surrogacy.
Coordinating Your Surrogacy Journey
As the intended parent, you will be asked to choose the professionals you’d like to be involved with your gestational surrogacy process - IVF clinic, healthcare provider, or a fertility specialist attorney to represent your interests, among others. Our agency will act as a liaison between you, your gestational carrier, and the professionals working with you. In addition, you will have access to our vast experience and contacts. It is our responsibility to manage any and all relationships and coordinate your surrogacy journey every step of the way.
Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Reno will oversee the following areas on your behalf:
- Matching: We maintain a database of potential gestational carriers and egg donors who meet our specific minimum standards. Those qualifications are compiled into an extensive list. The gestational carriers are asked to submit a comprehensive profile of themselves with photos. Their identity will remain anonymous until a match has been made. If you, as the intended parent, have any specific requirements for your gestational carrier, we will do our best to locate an appropriate match for you.
- Screening: Our agency recommends that all gestational carriers go through a full physical, psychological, and social screening, along with a criminal background and credit check. These screening procedures ensure that the overall surrogacy journey will be safe, healthy, and successful to all involved parties.
- Home Visit(s): When feasible, Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Reno conducts a home study on a gestational carrier. Our highly-trained staff glean as much information as is necessary to better get to know the gestational carrier herself. We believe everything learned is invaluable to the surrogacy process.
- Escrow Management: Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Reno will set up an account with a third-party company to hold and distribute funds throughout the life of the surrogacy contract. As an intended parent, you will be asked to place funds into the trust account to cover any and all costs including, but not limited to, screenings and the legal fees needed to retain an attorney for the gestational carrier. The exact balance due will be determined by the legal contract between you and the gestational carrier.
- Legal Representation: To ensure the utmost safety and protection for all parties involved, it is vital that you and your gestational carrier have competent legal representation to come to an agreement throughout the surrogacy process. As an agency, we will make sure you have expert representation for a smooth and stable journey.
- Medical Coordination: We will coordinate with the hospital, clinics and medical professionals working with you and the gestational carrier on your behalf to minimize the risk of stress and miscommunication during the birth of the child.
- Insurance Coverage: In most cases, a gestational carrier’s personal medical insurance will not cover the surrogacy process. Thus, we will make sure that you have the most appropriate and cost-effective medical coverage to protect your financial well-being.
Birth Mothers Can Call Us 24/7
Supportive & Non-Judgmental Counsel
At Every Stage of the Process, We are Here to Provide the Support You Need
We Provide Surrogacy Services for Gestational Carriers and Intended Parents